Windows 8.1 is the elevated version of Windows 8, and you may want to get it as the Operating System of your PC/Laptop. But you install it? You can quickly inaugurate Windows 8.1 from the DVD or USB device. The new operating system has been introduced with lots of features.
In the age of modern technology, no one likes to add optical devices like DVD writer to a computer. But how to install different software on the computer? Even we are going to install operating system we need DVD writer. So how is it possible to inaugurate an OS on a computer without DVD writer? You can do that. I will teach you the trick.
Before going to install 8.1 on your computer, you should know the configuration which is support 8.1
- Up to 1GHZ Intel Dual Core or above Processor
- Minimum 1GB RAM for 32 bit or 2GB RAM for 64 bit. If you have 2 GB RAM, in your system, then you can install 32bit OS, and if 2 GB RAM powers your system, then you can install 64 bit OS.
- 16 GB Hard Disk Drive for 32 Bit or 20 GB for 64 bit
- DX9 Graphics Card and WDDM drivers
For installing 8.1, you need a bootable USB. So let’s see how to make a bootable USB. There are some simple methods to make a Bootable Pen Drive. I will show those methods here.
- Insert your Pendrive.
- You need to download a software named PowerISO
- Do right click on the image windows 8.1 ISO, select PowerISO and extract.
- You can see Extract Wizard is open in front of you. You need to look through your file and hit ok.
- Within 10 to 15 minutes your Pen Drive will be a bootable device.
- Click on PowerISO Software and open it.
- Click on tools, and from that section, you need to select “create a bootable drive.”
- PowerISO wants Administrator permission. You need to click OK for giving this.
- A new wizard will be opened; you choose PowerISO image which you need.
- Select Pen Drive and hit on start.
After creating a Bootable device, you are ready to install Windows 8.1 from USB. So let’s see how is it possible.
I think you do not remove your Pen drive from your PC, if you do that then insert again.
1. Restart the PC. Boot it from USB
2. You can see Windows Setup Wizard is opened. Hit the “next” button and then click on “Install.”
3. You need to Agree with the license term and click next button
4. You can see two types of installation are listed. You need to choose “Custom: Install Windows Only (Advanced)”
5. Now you need to choose the drive/partition where you want to install it. Next, you need to do the format that location and knock next.
6. The processes are completed, and it takes around 10 – 15 minutes to complete the installation Windows 8.1 on your PC/Laptop.
7. Now your computer will restart automatically, and after that, it will take around 3 to 5 minutes to install the driver.
8. Now your computer is ready for Windows 8.1, and your can customize it with your favorite color and name. After that, knock the next button.
9. Then setting wizard will come and click on “Use Express Settings.”
10. Then you will be asked to give your Microsoft account details. You have an outlook email then use that email and password if you don’t have then you need to create an account and hit next.
11. Microsoft will send you a verification code to your mobile number, and you need to put that code.
12. After completing the verification, the installation process is completed. Now you can use Windows 8.1 for your computer.
Also see: Best free Movie Apps for Android
It is an easy process to install 8.1 from USB. Even you can follow this method if you want to install other Windows version on your PC. This process is ideal for those who do not want to format their PC by using DVD writer, and if you install OS from USB, then you can get a very fast result.
Image Credit: www.computertrickstips.com